The Directorate’s Corporate Services are: -
1.Office of Head of Directorate
Oversees the execution of the directorate’s functions and management of resources as well as the establishment of strategic goals and formulation of plans towards the achievement of those goals.
- Development and implementation of the Directorate’s policies programs and activities
- Coordinate Fibre crops industry stakeholders to support sustainable development, regulation and promotion of Fibre crops sub-sector
- Management of Directorate resources for efficient service delivery
2. Human Resource Development and Administration
In consultation with the Head of Directorate and the Head of Human Resource Development and Administration, the office is responsible for administration and staff matters at the Directorate level.
- Implementing AFA human resource policies, manuals, and work plans.
- Integrate national and international human resource frameworks including cross-cutting programs (National Cohesion, Disability Mainstreaming, Gender Mainstreaming and HIV prevention, and awareness) Alcohol and drug abuse(ADA);
- Coordinating engagement of internships, industrial attachments, and apprenticeships within the Directorate;
- Management of the Directorate’s resource base in order to optimize value in line with prevailing policy guidelines;
- Implement public service
In consultation with the Head of Directorate and the Head of Finance, the office is responsible for managing financial matters at the Directorate in accordance with Chapter 12 of the Constitution, Public Finance Management Act, 2012, and Public Finance Management Regulations, 2015.
- Implementing AFA finance policy and procedures manual at the Directorate
- Financial planning, forecasting, budget preparation, and Budgetary control
- Cash flow management
- Financial and management reporting in accordance with IPSAS
- Debtors and creditors management
- Bank accounts receivable and payable reconciliations;
- Bookkeeping and financial records management
- Managing internal and external audits
In consultation with the Head of Directorate and the Manager – Supply Chain Management, the office is responsible for managing procurement matters at the Directorate in accordance with Chapter 12 of the Constitution, the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015 and the regulations.
- Development of the Directorate annual procurement plan;
- Advising the Directorate on procurement matters in accordance with Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015 and regulations.
- Procurement of goods and services;
- Stock and Inventory management; and
- Asset disposal in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015 and regulations.
5.Information and Communication Technology
In consultation with the Head of Directorate and the Manager, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), the office is responsible for managing ICT matters at the Directorate in accordance with the government and AFA ICT policy.
- Implementing the AFA ICT policies, strategies, and innovations;
- Managing the Directorates stakeholders e-portal and related ICT needs;
- Reviewing and implementing ICT security strategy, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans;
- Implementing established national and international ICT standards, procedures and regulations;
- Automation of the Directorate Business processes, including the management of stakeholders' e-portals and other systems.
- Developing and maintaining secure ICT systems and portals for efficient service delivery; and
- Advising and Managing the ICT infrastructure for the directorate