- Develop policy and regulatory framework for Fibre Crops sub-sector;
- Registration and licensing of Fibre crops value chain actors;
- Surveillance along border points and other Fibre crops growing areas;
- Capacity build County Government staff and other stakeholders on Fibre crops on requirements for registration, licensing, standards and the industry code of practice;
- Recommend general industry agreements between farmers and buyers of Fibre crops sector.
- Regulate the export and import of fibre and fibre crops products;
- Set standards for processing classification, enforce compliance with such standards and monitor compliance with international standards;
- In collaboration with stakeholders, provide pricing guidelines for fibre and fibre crops products