- Identify policy gaps, collaborate with partners to develop relevant policy for the fibre sector.
- Conduct County Governments’ training programs aimed at increasing their knowledge on production technologies and on market potentials and prospects for Fibre crops
- Guide and advice stakeholders on best practices in agriculture production, transport and processing of fibre produce.
- Facilitate acquisition of high quality planting materials;
- Develop, standardize and disseminate training materials and build capacity of farmers’ with a view to enhance farmers’ knowledge on production technologies, market potential and quality control;
- Establish, maintain and disseminate data on fibre crops subsector;
- Establish linkages with various government and private sector institutions to conduct studies and research designed to promote the production, processing and marketing of fibre and fibre products;