- Identify policy gaps, collaborate in development and advocacy of the departmental strategy.
- Guide and advice stakeholders on best practices on all aspects of agriculture production, transport and processing in consultation with County governments.
- Facilitate acquisition of high quality planting materials Establish experimental stations and seed farms for the development of varieties suitable to the agro-climatic conditions of the area and markets that will provide greatest value added to fibre crops
- Conduct County Governments’ training programs aimed at increasing their knowledge on production technologies and on market potentials and prospects for Fibre crops crops
- in collaboration with the county governments, establish and maintain an up to date database and disseminate information on fibre crops activities for planning purposes;
- Establish linkages with various governments and private institutions to conduct studies and research designed to promote the production, marketing and processing of Fibre and Fibre related products;